About test presence

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Dec 20 03:15:51 UTC 2003

On Dec 19, 2003, at 12:58 AM, ducasse wrote:

> Hi colin
>
> for me I just would like to have some consistency:
> 	knowing how to name the testCase according to the class name
> 	for Integer having IntegerTest
> 	and for the category the same as the class but with tests
>
> After if people wants more we can discuss. For now I would like to
> have tests testing the current
> image much present and regular because regularity is related to beauty
> when this is well defined.
>
> Stef

I'm all for consistency, as long as it doesn't impose a structure on my
tests. I'd like to be able, for example, to add tests for floating
point math and rename the fixture ArithmeticTest if that made sense.

How about a convention that TestCase subclasses be named XyzTest where
Xyz is a descriptive name which could be, but doesn't have to be, the
name of a class being tested. Similarly, test cases should be in
categories which end with '-Test'.

Would that be sufficiently consistent?

Colin