DVS filein not removing methods

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Feb 2 00:07:22 UTC 2003

Not exactly: a .st file is not the state of a package it is just a file
containing commands to add methods, remove methods, etc.  DVS generates
a fileout to see what commands would create the state that is in the
image and then compares that to the file you want to load.  It can then
notice if a method is in one file and not the other.

But that only happens if you load the file with DVS.  And the method
removal will only take place if the method is actually defined as part
of the package in your image and not in the file (which is why you
cannot have a DVS package that removes a method from some unrelated class)

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)