Squeak Documentation Project -- add a Flap; more

Doug Clapp dclapp at qwest.net
Thu Feb 6 19:35:09 UTC 2003

you said:
Doug,
I would be happy to write the documentation scooper, if someone
will point the way.  I was already thinking about this.

Presumably the idea here would be to make the Class and Method
comments "readable" in a more linear fashion textually.  Obviously
they can all be read in the browser now.  But you can't easlily "scan
across" lots of them at once, to get more of an overview, if you
have to poke around with the browser.

So somehow assimilating and formatting them like
"documentation", would make them more comprehensible.  It would
also make lack of documentation more visible, so it can be
added/corrected.

Any more thoughts on this?

Yes...that's exactly it!  Just get'em all in once place so that
people can look it over.

I'd be more than happy with that for a first release; I'm an
incrementalist and always wary of "creeping featureism" of which
Squeak is a prime...oops, better not go there!

I do think, though, that the documentation scooper, if itself
well documented internally, would also be a great example, in itself
about how to write code that goes through the image gathering up
stuff....