Squeak Documentation Project

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Feb 7 01:10:54 UTC 2003

I'd just like to say one thing about putting Squeak documentation
*inside* Squeak:  it doesn't bloat your image.

More precisely, we could have 20 MB of "comments" in methods and that
would bloat the .sources and .changes files, but the text would only
come into the image when you actually looked at one of the methods.

I hope class comments are treated the same way, only pulled into the
image when you look at them.  Are they?

Example and unit test methods, on the other hand, *do* bloat the image,
and some kind of autoload scheme where the browser knew of their existence,
but they were only pulled in if you called them or browsed them,
might serve to reassure people that writing such methods won't have any
kind of down side.