Unix VM and KDE (c'n'p)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 7 16:54:26 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 10:54 pm, Markus Fritsche wrote:
> On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:15, Ned Konz wrote:
> > I just built KDE 3.1 (which was released a week or so ago) to
> > test this. With the newest Linux VM, I have no problems copying
> > either way.
>
> Hm, it has to be some thing of KDE, since KWrite allows me to paste
> from the X clipboard (where squeak seems to copy to, right?), KMail
> doesn't.

Hmm... that's interesting. Squeak works (as you note) to KWrite or
Kate, and to other X apps (like gvim), but not to KMail (or into
KEdit).

Even more interesting, I see the selection in Klipper (the KDE
clipboard manager) if I run it.

But I can paste the same text from Klipper after selecting it in
Klipper's list.

So there's something odd going on here.
--
Ned Konz