[WinCE] Another Release candidate VM for WincE

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sat Feb 8 23:40:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:

>   The API (SHFullScreen) used seems not supported on H/PC 2.11 and the
> eVC environment doesn't provide the setting for H/PC 2000.
>
>   You mean you want to have a PPC VM without GAPI?  This is something
> I should put on the web anyway...

No, that's not what I was saying- there already is a PPC VM that doesn't
require GAPI.  I was asking if it'd be possible to have a H/PC 2000 VM
that does full screen without GAPI.  It sounds like it doesn't, according
to your first statement.

I imagine it would be quite possible to have a full screen VM for H/PC,
using one of the GAPI libs for these devices.  However, these libs cost
money, making it pretty impractical, which is a bummer.

For those seeking fullscreen on a Jornada 720 or like device, to get the
closest thing to this, I've been going into the settings of the task bar,
and unchecking the Always on Top option.  5 or 10 more pixels for Squeak
than even with auto-hide. :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "life, probably the biggest word i've ever said, that says a lot,
  because there's a whole lot of words inside my head.." :: atmosphere