Re-doing Morphic

Daniel Joyce daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 9 16:25:52 UTC 2003

> On top of that, I'd like to see a set of widgets with consistent
> behavioural semantics, but variable appearance. This would give us
> themes, which I think is a useful feature in a system as portable as
> Squeak, as well as the NeXT-style NIB functionality that Todd
> mentioned. A squeak version of InterfaceBuilder would be great!
>
> I figure if we're going to put significant effort into user
> interface, let's start fresh. The other approach of simply cleaning
> up the worst areas of the existing Morphic code would be useful as
> well, but anything in between would probably not be worth the effort.
>

> Colin Putney
> Whistler.com

Could we use SVG for rendering? Is there some way to 'talk' to the
library and have it spit back bitmaps, etc, for us?

The GNOME stuff is pretty cross platform. I've seen it on Windows, Mac,
and Unix, and it tends to be very pure and C-Centric w/o lots of
platform specific stuff.

Just as Opengl is used for 3D in squeak, could Svg be used for 2D?

-Daniel