[DOCS] Maximum Squeak - accelerating Squeak and named primitives.

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 10 19:18:48 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Monday 10 February 2003 10:22 am, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > Named Primitives - needs updating & completing. Ought to refer to
> > using VMMaker to build the plugins
>
> I have the beginnings of an article on named primitives; would it be
> helpful to anyone? I could upload it to the Swiki, but it's kinda
> unfinished and it's in HTML, which makes it hard to edit. Anyone want
> to complete it? Or is it useful as is?
>
> http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/writingPlugins.html

Ned

Allthough still a bit terse it is recent information (July 2002) and I
think it covers an important area and is helpful as is.

The outline is very interesting
    * A full example from Smalltalk down to C
    * Sidebar: more about Squeak
    * Sidebar: more about Spread
    * Appendix 1: Slang reference
          o InterpreterPlugin operators and methods
    o TestInterpreterPlugin operators and methods (in Smalltalk)
    * Appendix 2: InterpreterProxy API (in Smalltalk)
    * Other resources

So I put a link to it from the 'Maximum Squeak' page on the minnow
swiki.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/370

I as well put a note that you might be willing to answer questions
related to the paper.

Hannes