[DOCS] Project "Magic Book"

shane at shaneroberts.com shane at shaneroberts.com
Mon Feb 10 19:21:46 UTC 2003

Rachael makes an important point here.  I have been a
programmer for over 20 years and I have always "read the
manuals", when they are available, and even though they are never
quite correct.

We all have different cognitive strategies and learning styles, and
for some people (like me) documentation that provides conceptual
overviews, structural rationals, and step by step instructions, have
always speeded my learning process.  And for me, speeding up the
learning process is what it is all about, so I don't have to waste time
solving puzzles that don't interest me.  Just give me the answer!!  I
have other things I am interested in than puzzling through what
should already be transparent or REVEALED.

Shane