[DISCUSSION] Is Squeak/Smalltalk able to do this?

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 10 22:10:44 UTC 2003

This is not my idea but the ones that nathanael shares, builds and
throws at/with/on us :).
If you could see our black boards they are full of jumping ideas.

Basically we can associate an interface (or multiple ones) that specify
how a trait method
can be accessed. By default the interface would be the complete trait
methods. This would
support private methods in traits but not by introducing another gory
construct. The clients
could also see different interfaces. This mechanism would support the
expression of privacy in the freedom way of smalltalk. In fact what
andreas is looking for Morph.

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 10:45 PM, Withers, Robert wrote:

> Ok, Stephane, please all'y'all :) join the squeake mailing list and
> share
> with us your ideas.  We just went through a discussion about how to
> mix the
> openness and malleability of Smalltalk with the security of E.

For that I would really like to find the time to play with mirrors. But
I don't :(((

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/