[DOCS] mouse buttons - "canonical" color sequence question

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 10 22:46:39 UTC 2003

Ned, Joshua, Doug,

Thank you for the answers regarding the yellow mouse button. I updated
the page on mouse button swapping (
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1804 ) and did some clarifying links.
Actually the information was already there but somewhat hidden.

A follow up question:
What is the original ("canonical") mouse button color sequence

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/897  (FAQ: Mouse Buttons) says

        left-mouse              -> "red"  (a.k.a. primary)
        middle-mouse            -> "yellow"  (a.k.a. secondary)
        right-mouse             -> "blue"  (a.k.a. meta or tertiary)

while the picture at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/SqueakLanguageRef.3.html#Usin
gMousing
shows
red - blue - yellow

I would like to emphasize the original sequence in the description.

Hannes