Mythical small kernel images?

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Tue Feb 11 00:14:42 UTC 2003

> Can you describe how you built them?

I have built them creating a child environment inside a running Squeak
(compiling in an internal environment) and placing only the methods
requiered to run.
Then a tracer, like SystemTracer has been used to write a minimal image
(only with methods required to run).

The main idea is part of a study on in-image virtual environment gestation
for the generation and nutrition of lighweight clients from parent object
environments.

An initial paper can be reached at
 http://www.smalltalking.net/Papers/stGen/stGen.htm
 ( sorry but it is written in spanish... you can translate it using
 translation  facilities of google [search for "engendrando un
smalltalk" ] )

cheers,
Ale.