[DOCS] Updating the swiki page about morph sharing

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 11 21:16:07 UTC 2003

There is a page
' share your created morphs'
on

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/925

It deals with version 2.6. I'd like to delete most of the page. But
before that
some questions:

A)
What was the original intent of the 'SteppingMorph'? Aren't these
functions now in the image?

SteppingMorph
SteppingMorph is morph with common facilities for morphic stepping. You
can start/stop the stepping and set the step time by menu. If the morph
is not running you can also test it step by step via menu. (It's easy if
you keep the menu-morph open) Subclasses should override #nextStep do
perform stepping actions. Maybe someone can reorganize the class
BackgroundMorph to be a subclass of this morph or to have the same
capabilities. (At this time the stepping time of BackgroundMorph is
hardcoded)

B)
DiaMorph

Do we have a better replacement now - a SlideShowMorph or something?

C)
ProjectSwitcher

I think we now have the ThreadNavigtorMorph and the ProjectHistoryMorph
(see tab 'Navigation'  in the ObjectsTool). So we can delete this entry.

D)
The library book ( a list of Smalltalk books) needs updating - any
takers? Otherwise I'll just delete the link.

E)
The same applies for SqOverview.

Is there a replacement on SqueakMap now?

Hannes