Documentation [was: Morphic tutorial]

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Feb 12 01:55:50 UTC 2003

Hey Chris, it's a good idea! I think that using the existing resources
(list and Swiki) gives the project a better chance of being seen and
making a difference.

Here're a few things that could use improved documentation:
* SqueakMap has documentation pages, but they're not under the
documentation section of the Swiki. I'm also not sure the documentation
that exists is perfect for a new user... get something good in there.
* There are a few projects that have recently gained in importance for
distributing Squeak code - DVS, SAR come to mind. These are also not
covered in there (AFAICT).
* Like Lex says in a comment at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2983,
that page and the topic list in the Doc section of the first page should
be somehow merged.

I've noticed some people are already turning up with questions about
various existing docs and examples, and I think this is great - I think
we suffer much more from our docs being to disorganized and
not-quite-up-to date than from lacking Docs. So just roaming over all
the documentation and reading it and trying things out, and fixing what
doesn't work is a really great way of making it better.

Since there are people working on it already, it might be a good idea to
add a swiki page for comments on the state of docs. This should prevent,
for example, that 3 people all go through the same examples, while some
other part isn't checked at all.

Anyway, god speed to all that are participating, it's an important task.

Daniel