Anybody want to help us Guides fix a process bug? (was:Re:[Fwd: Package Loader version filtering ...

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Feb 12 20:57:28 UTC 2003

Well, actually, the things you mention is the sort of direction we'd
like to see in the future. Right now, we don't have depedencies, and no
support for a "requires X" tag.

So what I'm looking for is more like a simple fix for the existing
filter in SML that shows you just the packages your image supports (in
it's own simplistic way).

Actually, I've just thought of a better fix that will be applicable as
soon as we have services (we can write services that can act as filters,
and put arbitrarily complex code there).

Goran: the problem is with 3.3, for example, where it simply isn't the
release previous to 3.4. This might happen in the future, too (though I
hope not).

Daniel