[DISCUSSION] Hidden and Open: O'Keefe as "everyman"

Bill Spight bspight at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 13 07:09:42 UTC 2003

Dear Ned,

Ned:
> > > It can then be used as a noun in eToy scripts.

Bill:
> > It can? How? That's precisely what I tried to do yesterday, to no
> > avail. (Using drag-and-drop, which worked with other tiles.)

Ned:
> You have to have a sentence already; you can replace its noun
> (receiver or object) with the tile. Just drag the tile over the old
> noun to change it.
>
> Open a viewer on some other object, and drag out the sentence
> "SomeObject start script script1". Drop it on the desktop. Now get a
> tile from another object; you can drop that tile on SomeObject and
> change the receiver of the start script message.

That sounds like what I did. Just to make sure, I tried again. I made a
new RectangleMorph, opened a viewer on it, and dragged out the script.
Then I made a new GoMorph, opened a viewer on it, got its tile, and
dropped in on the script.

Maybe my problem yesterday was not dropping it on the Rectangle tile. I
dropped it right on there. Nothing happened to the script, except it had
the Go tile sitting on in. No matter where I dropped, no effect.

What's wrong?

Thanks,

Bill