[DOCS] Re: Documentation [was: Morphic tutorial]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 13 10:10:26 UTC 2003

Hannes,

I think you're missing the point of Stephane's message. He was pointing to
"code based" documentation which I interpret as a documentation of the
implementation rather than the architecture. Architectural issues (like how
things "should" be - notice the use of phrases like "typically" or "by
default" in the little blurb I wrote) cannot be covered by unit tests very
well. Similarly to "usage information" (e.g., how-to) since tests typically
have the wrong "usage density" (e.g., there should be tests for all the
#addMorph: variants none of which tells you that "the way to go" is to use
#addMorph: - tests actually can be confusing for this kind of information).
I'm sure Stephane is well aware of this.

Cheers,
  - Andreas