End-user accessing Squeak "program" from a VT220 terminal?

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Feb 14 15:27:05 UTC 2003

Anybody know how to hook up a Squeak image to a VT220 terminal?

The end-user would be sitting at a VT220 terminal, which is attached to
the computer via the serial port (actually, the end-user is 10 miles
away, coming in through a leased line which eventually attaches to the
computer, but from the computer's perspective, it is like a VT220
terminal sitting on one of it's serial ports).

I would like the "program" that the end-user is using to be writting in
Squeak Smalltalk, but I'm not sure how to proceed under this archaic and
ancient hardware architecture.

Anybody got any ideas?

Nevin