End-user accessing Squeak "program" from a VT220 terminal?

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Fri Feb 14 16:58:52 UTC 2003

One interesting possibility might be to try and re-work Seaside just a
little bit and build your app around a request/response cycle that's
similar to the way a web app would work.  You would serve a screen full
of VT220 text, and have certain key entry sequences submit a "request",
to which a subsequent screen full of text is served.  If it's a really
really slow connection, this wouldn't be ideal, but if it's reasonably
fast, you could benefit from a lot of re-use of the Seaside framework
(and things that get built on top of Seaside).

As for implementing the VT220 server, I'm thinking you'd only need to
implement a telnet server and spit out VT220 encoded output right?  A
telnet server should be really easy to implement.

- Stephen