End-user accessing Squeak "program" from a VT220 terminal?

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Feb 14 17:19:16 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:

>In a sense, you'd need a screen *de*composition program...

Yea, screen *de*composition AND screen composition, all centered around
VT100/VT220 terminal protocols.

As for connecting Squeak to a serial port, which as you say must be
polled, another idea comes to mind:  write a small C program that talks
to the telnet port, and then turns around and talks to Squeak via TCP/IP.

Hmm, I just don't know about this project, or exactly what the easiest
way to proceed would be.  But if I can come up with an elegant solution,
I just might have a substantial amount of paid Squeak work ahead of me
(which I could surely use right now).

Nevin