[Complete Newbie Response] Re: End-user accessing Squeak"program" from a VT220 terminal?

Andy Stoffel Andrew.Stoffel at jenzabar.net
Fri Feb 14 19:03:24 UTC 2003

> Hmmm, this gets me thinking.  How about this scenario:
>
> They disable their telnet server,

I think you're going to run into problems right there....
if anyone connects to that box using telnet for any other
purpose than your Ingres application you'll need to deal with that....

[I realize a lot of people do ssh now instead of telnet... but not
all of them do]

A better solution would be to get "them" to set up another
port that you can telnet to instead of port 23 and then modify
Squeak to use that port instead. There is no rule that says you
can't use another port (though you'll want a port not being used
for something else...)

If you are going to be building a telnet forwarder/reflector/proxy
server anyway... use another port for it.

-Andy-