I've been banned from Squeak-dev!

Ned Konz nedkonz at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 03:25:16 UTC 2003

I was wondering why my mail wasn't getting to the list...
I just got a response from my mail system that said:
---------
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on mail1.whidbey.net.

The message identifier is:     18jSeQ-0002op-00
The subject of the message is: Re: [DISCUSSION] Hidden and Open: O'Keefe as
"everyman"
The date of the message is:    Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:21:01 -0800

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

  squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
    Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>:
    host mail.theinternetone.net [62.4.94.210]: 451 Blocked - see
http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?209.166.64.124
--------

OK, so I went to Spamcop. Seems that there is an *experimental* blocking system
there that somehow samples mail from specific servers. And apparently they
found 5 mails from whidbey.net that were identified as spam (though they got no
complaints):
--------
209.166.64.124 listed in bl.spamcop.net.

Rationale: Sample traffic over 1000 counted x .5 (1098); 5 spamtrap reports
multiply spam score from 5 to 25); Spam score 25.00: spam report ratio (0.023)
exceeds threshold (0.020)

Beta blacklist rules would block 209.166.64.124:
 Beta rationale: Sample traffic over 1000 counted x .5 (1098); 5 spamtrap
reports multiply spam score from 5 to 25); Spam score 25.00: spam report ratio
(0.023) exceeds threshold (0.020)
---------

Spamcop says, in fact, *NOT* to use this service for production systems:
http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml
-------
This blocking list is somewhat experimental and should not be used in a
production environment where legitimate email must be delivered. It is growing
more stable and is used by many large sites now. However, SpamCop is aggressive
and often errs on the side of blocking mail - users should be warned and given
information about how their mail is filtered. Ideally they should have a choice
of filtering options. Many mailservers can operate with blacklists in a "tag
only" mode, which is preferable in many situations.
-------

So now what do I do? Does anyone have any way to get to theinternetone.net and
ask them to not blacklist me?

Help! I can't stand Yahoo mail!