[DOCS] Hyperlinks in Squeak

shane at shaneroberts.com shane at shaneroberts.com
Sat Feb 15 16:47:18 UTC 2003

Someday maybe?  Or does this work now?

"More on Hypertext Links in source code

[In the forthcoming release 1.3] is an extension to Squeak's source
code managment implemented by Ted Kaehler. This supports text
emphasis and, most importantly, hyperlinks in code and class
comments. The enhancement carries out the intent of our
discussions following OOPSLA, providing a built-in framework for
effective documentation of the entire system which, in turn, can
serve as a substrate for any number of tutorial outer layers. 28 Dec
97. -- DanIngalls"

See:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/42

I tried Alt-6 but I haven't figured out what it is trying to do or how to
make it work yet.

It brings up a menu of choices for highlighting and/or linking text.
But I can't figure out what object is getting created or how to get at
it to manage what it does (invoke a method, link to class
comments, link to web page, or whatever).

Shane