SmallNic: A simple result

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Feb 15 17:53:44 UTC 2003

Hi all

We were coding a bit with hannes during the smallNic organized at
Berne. I showed to hannes
that tests can be used as documentation. I wnated to shared that with
the other documenters.
Here are two tests:

testColorOfButtonIsGivenByWindow
	"(self selector: #testColorOfButtonIsGivenByWindow) run"
	"this test shows that if a button is embedded into a window using
addMorph:frame:
	 it  gets the color of the window"

	| window button |
	window := SystemWindow labelled: 'Test Window'.
	window setWindowColor: Color orange.
	button := PluggableButtonMorph
				on: nil
				getState: nil
				action: #doItAction.
	button label: 'Do It'.
	button color: Color blue.
	self assert: button color = Color blue.
	window
		addMorph: button
		frame: (0.0 @ 0 extent: 0.25 @ 0.1).
	window openInWorld.
	self deny: button color = Color blue.
	window delete

testColorOfButtonIsNotGivenByWindow
	"(self selector: #testColorOfButtonIsNotGivenByWindow) run"
	"this test shows that if a button is embedded into another
	morph, it does not get the color of the window"

	| window button rectangle |
	rectangle := RectangleMorph new.
	window := SystemWindow labelled: 'Test Window'.
	window setWindowColor: Color orange.
	button := PluggableButtonMorph
				on: nil
				getState: nil