Morphic & events...

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Feb 15 22:08:24 UTC 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:43:43 -0600 Daniel Joyce <daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I keep seeing a term when talking about morphic....
>
>"front most chain of morphs"
>
>What qualities determine if a morph is part of this chain?
>
>I have a good sense of most everything else now, thanks for the help,
>but explaining the above term would be helpful.

Each morph has zero or more submorphs which are ordered front-to-back. The chain would consist of (recursively) the frontmost submorph whose bounds contain the event point. So, it would look like:

1. The World
2. the frontmost submorph of the World that intersects the event
3. the frontmost submorph of #2 that intersects the event
4. and so on until there are no submorphs that intersect the event

Cheers,
Bob