[Q] slang

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Feb 17 13:03:18 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 01:52:50PM +0100, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
> > I do not understand your question. Slang is a subset of Smalltalk which
> > translates to C. There are some example classes (#TestCClass1,
> > #TestCClass2, #TestCClass3) in the image which use just this subset.
> > Could you append an example of #YourGreatClass. What is an oop?
>
> Thanks for these examples. But they all handle number and Array. How could I do if I want to access in my plugin some classes (e.g., other than Array or String) contained in the image ?

Only a few special classes are directly accessible from Slang. See the
'plugin support' method category in class ObjectMemory. A class which
you define in the image cannot be directly referenced in this manner.

But more importantly, use as a guideline that anything which can be
done in the image probably should be, and that only very specific and
hopefully small things should go into a plugin. The only real exception
would be for something that you simply cannot get access to in any other
way, such as somebody else's compiled object library.

Dave