[smalltalking] Re: Just a suggestion

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 17 13:46:29 UTC 2003

Hi Diego

"Diego Gomez Deck <DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com>"
<DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com> wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
> > Just a question
> >
> > Why not using a newgroups or the squeak mailing list.
>
> Just a simple answer: becouse we want to talk NOT about squeak.
>
> The topics we want to discuss (and the topics we're discussion for
> years in our spanish list) are related to Smalltalk, but only
> related. We don't want to talk about the current Smalltalk but the
> things we think are important to try to create the next one.
>
> On the other side, we tried *several* times to talk about these
> topics in the Squeak list (algo in other list) with NO results at
> all.

Well for me that argument seems to be on shaky grounds (see my previous
post to the smalltalking list).

Probably the posts on the Squeak list was too short or had the wrong
heading
and so it got lost.

For example if Alejandro posts an email and you , Diego, answer and then

Stef and I follow up with something we already have a discussion on the
Squeaklist.
And I don't think that Squeakers object. As I said I would prefer to
have the discussion
on the Squeaklist with a [ObjectEnv] tag.

Hannes