Simple Socket Question?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Feb 18 15:03:45 UTC 2003

This morning I was able to duplicate the server crash. It has not been
consistently duplicatable but I have done it.

 From a clean startup of the current stable VM and a 3.5a image I opened
a Workspace and Transcript and inserted Avi's code into the workspace.
I executed Avi's code and ran the ab tests.

I then copied and pasted Avi's code into another section on the
Workspace. I changed the variable names, yesterday I didn't. (I don't
know if that impacts things or not.)

I added a bunch of 'Hello Worlds!' to the output string. I changed the
port and executed.

I then ran ab and the second time I ran ab the server crashed.

Now to clarify things. The VM did not crash, only the code from Avi. I
was able to restart the server and continue testing without a crash.

Don't know if that helps, but there it is.

Jimmie Houchin