Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Feb 18 18:05:35 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Alan Kay wrote:

> I agree that should be changed. I think that current Apple SW does
> not have that restriction? Doesn't Apple currently use BSD or some
> such as its license policy?

Darwin is more-or-less BSD.  But Darwin isn't Mac OS X and Darwin doesn't
include any fonts (other than troff fonts).  Looking at the license that
comes with the Mac OS X installer, it's pretty much identical to the
traditional Mac OS <= 9 license.

Clause 8 contains the same export restictions found in SqL clause 6.
Most of the other OS X clauses explain that you own the media but not the
content and detail the cruel and unusual punishments awaiting should you
give/lend/hire out or install the software on more than the one machine.

Ian