Squeak on Compaq TC1000 tablet

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 19 00:26:16 UTC 2003

Tim,

Thanks for the review - it matches what I've seen from the tablet.

> However, Squeak runs _really_ nicely on it. So much snappier feeling
> than the 'real' OS. The only real problem was the use of the pen
> button/switch, which lagged a lot but only occasionally.

I've been on and off about this with Chuck Thacker and it all looks as if
this is an XP problem. I found that this problem not only shows up when you
use the pen but also when you use (for example) an external USB mouse. It
all looks as if Windows is not handing us mouse events at all under certain
conditions. I'll be looking into this problem more closely as soon as I got
my own copy of it ;-)

But other than that - boy, this tablet is *great* fun with Squeak/Croquet
(yay! finally someone putting a Real Graphics Chip (tm) into one of those).
Now, if someone can only get the weight right (it's still a little on the
heavy side)...

Cheers,
  - Andreas