Newbie question re. morphs in a holder

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Feb 19 01:21:29 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 04:57 pm, j s wrote:

> I am trying to learn how to design forms such as a
> browser by dragging and dropping components (pluggable
> list morphs, text morphs, button morphs, etc.)onto a
> holder.  At this point I am able to put the holder
> into a window and set everythig up so that the
> submorphs resize when the main window is resized (same
> as a browser).
> What I am unable to do is to have the resize cursor
> pop up when the mouse cursor is between the panes
> (list morphs) of the main window.

The problem is that you have to have the "panes" in the paneMorphs
collection of the system window.

Just dropping them into a holder isn't going to work.

Part of the problem is that the holder is responsible for the layout
and event handling of its own submorphs. So even if the window knows
about the holder, it won't do anything about its submorphs.

I don't know how to do what you need to do via direct manipulation,
but it's pretty easy in code.

You use addMorph:fullFrame: to set up the proportional size of the
submorph; this also adds the morph to the paneMorphs collection.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com