Unix Squeak 3.5.1devel

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Feb 19 05:27:08 UTC 2003

Hi Jimmy,

> Most of the plugins are not loading. I am not finding them on my system.

Actually, almost all of the plugins are internal, built into the VM.

> Did I miss any documentation as to what I need to do or where I need to
> go to get the plugins working?

The VM is failing to find _external_ plugins, which it looks for before
trying to use an _internal_ plugin of the same name.  You can ignore all
of these "plugin not found" messages, unless they refer to .so files that
_are_ in the plugins directory (or your cwd, or from the FFI failing to
find a system library in /usr/lib or wherever).

The messages are there mainly to help detect problems with loading the
display and sound code, but I note that the VM manages to find

> squeak: loaded plugin `/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.5-1devel/vm-display-X11.so'

and

> squeak: loaded plugin `/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.5-1devel/vm-sound-OSS.so'

which are external (almost) plugins, so everything seems to be working
just fine.

Ian