MessageTally spyOn: ?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Feb 20 14:49:08 UTC 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>Also how would you profile the below code?
>>I used MessageTally spyOn:  with the block around the 'output' and 'start.'.
>
> Jimmie,
>
> The handler block runs in a different process (a new process for each
> request), which confuses MessageTally.  You could try putting the #spyOn:
> inside it but I don't think that would tell you much - the time will be
> dominated by #getData and #sendData:.  To get anything interesting you'd
> probably have to hunt around in ConnectionHandler for a good place to put
> it.
>
> As for stopping the listener, "listener stop" should do it.

Thanks Avi,

Okay. I didn't know if there were other ways to profile such code. I'll
be exploring. :)

I tried "listener stop" first. I got an MNU.
I'm at work now, and I am not the best at understanding debugging
messages. I believe I remember something about outOfScope or some such
message.

I don't understand the lifetime or scope of the Workspace.

Jimmie