OS level Trash Can

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Feb 20 19:07:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> > Is there a way to place files into the OS Trash/RecycleBin?
>
> Hmm, isn't the trash bin just another directory on the filesystem?

It depends on the system.  In Windows, the Recycling Bin is a special
thing.  That is, I can find it in DOS, meaning a Squeak move file call
probably wouldn't work either.  However, using the FFI, you could probably
easily use some Windoze system call.

In Mac OS X, the trash is in ~/.Trash/ though, so nothing special needed
there.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "if i don't stay true to live and hate, how do i differentiate
              between chasing cream and chasing dreams"  :: atmosphere