OS level Trash Can

Jeff Read bitwize at snet.net
Thu Feb 20 19:48:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:13:23PM -0600, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> As I browse/search my WinXP PC I can't find a Recycle Bin directory. If
> it is merely a directory that is browsable/searchable via other means
> that the Recycle Bin icon, I don't know where it is or what it is
> called. I did a search for files/folders with 'recycle'. No such beast. :(

In old-school Windows, the place where Recycle Bin stuff got stashed was C:\Recycled. Actually, I believe there was a Recycled directory created for each volume, and stuff that was trashed from that volume got moved into its own Recycled directory.

Not sure how XP works, because I detest and avoid XP at all costs. Maybe it's hidden or something.

--
Jeffrey T. Read
"I fight not for me but the blind babe Justice!" --Galford