OS level Trash Can

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Feb 20 19:48:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Jeff Read wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:13:23PM -0600, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
> >
> > As I browse/search my WinXP PC I can't find a Recycle Bin directory. If
> > it is merely a directory that is browsable/searchable via other means
> > that the Recycle Bin icon, I don't know where it is or what it is
> > called. I did a search for files/folders with 'recycle'. No such beast. :(
>
> In old-school Windows, the place where Recycle Bin stuff got stashed was C:\Recycled. Actually, I believe there was a Recycled directory created for each volume, and stuff that was trashed from that volume got moved into its own Recycled directory.
>
> Not sure how XP works, because I detest and avoid XP at all costs. Maybe it's hidden or something.
>
> --
> Jeffrey T. Read
> "I fight not for me but the blind babe Justice!" --Galford

In NT, 2000, and XP, the Recycled stuff would likely be stashed in your
user folder- \Documents and Settings\user, &c.  I looked, but cuoldn't
find.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "civilization is a limitless multiplication of
                unnecessary necessities."                :: mark twain