Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Feb 21 07:55:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 08:47, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> I think it is high time to do something about the license and that we
> should take the opportunity now when we have both Alan and Andrew
> "geared up".

Because of everyone constantly saying this and no-one ever doing a
thing, I've contacted Apple on this a few weeks ago. Nothing definitive,
but at least a guy who seems to be at the correct position to help us
has responded and is willing to cooperate. I think I'll have a
definitive position by the end of next month.

> - Revising the "indemnification" stuff, this was what stopped Debian
> inclusion IIRC.

Do you have pointers to that? AFAIK most open source licenses have some
indemnification clause...