3 "find" problems in BookMorph

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at univ-brest.fr
Fri Feb 21 09:55:58 UTC 2003

Hello all,

I'm working on smacc gui and I've found bugs in the "find" (alt-f)
fonctionality.
maybe someone could help me?

1)
    When finding text on a BookMorph, an  "errorSubscriptBounds: index "
signal occur.
    One can test it with the SmaCCParserGenerator gui for example (which
use TabbedPalette)
    It seems that it is the "findText:" method reponsibility:

    in findText:, replacing
        "allText _ self valueOfProperty: #allText ifAbsent: [#()]." with

                      ^^
        "allText _ self valueOfProperty: #allText ifAbsent: [set
getAllText]."

                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    allow  searching, but then the first match is not highlighted.

2)
    in a BookMorph, "find" behavior could be described as follow :
        search next match on current page, if not found, search on next
page.
   I think this behavior is not the good one on SmaCC, for example.
   I would like "find" to search text only on current page :
        A search on scanner page should not swap to Parser page.

    Maybe is shows that there are two fonctionalities here :
        (1) find text on current page and (2) find text on all pages.

3)
    On TabbedPalette, with current behavior, when a page change occur
with find,
    the new current page  corresponding button is not updated :
        I'am on scanner page, scanner page button is highlighted. I do a
search and a page swap occur.
        Now I am on the parser page but the scanner button remain
highlighted.

alain plantec