[BUG] Setting a gradient background after setting a texture background

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 13:47:09 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have found a bug that appears if you change backgrounds in this order:

World->appearance->use texture background
World->appearance->set gradient color...

When you click to set the gradient colour you get a
MessageNotUnderstood: negated

I think this is because

PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>makeGraphPaperGrid:background:line:
(which is used to create the texture background) creates an InfiniteForm and holds on to this using color:

When then applying the gradient fill

PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>useGradientFill performs

color1 := self color.
color2 := color1 negated.

and the instance of InfiniteForm in color1 doesn't understand negated.

I'm afraid that I don't understand this enough yet to provide a fix.

Cheers

Mike