sandboxing doIts

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 21 20:02:39 UTC 2003

> In this case, allowing the assignment and arithmetic expressions is
> about
> all I need.  Later on, there may be certain objects passed in whose
> protocol they'll get to explore (think Canvas), but I'm a long way from
> needing arbitrary secure code.  I think what Tim needed was similar -
> he
> essentially wanted to use Smalltalk code as a way of expressing
> algebraic
> equations.
A bit more than that actually - I want to allow a fairly wide range of
expressions without letting nasty minded people trying things like
Smalltalk quitPrimitive
true become: nil
Smalltalk removeClass: Number
I don't recall enough details right now but I think I was leaning
towards a simple class to use as the scope origin along with a few
compiler hacks to handle undeclared etc.

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu