Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Feb 22 11:26:25 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 00:16, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> That's great. I think it would still be a good idea to come to them
> concretely with an alternative license or a plea to transfer all
> interest to an appropriate foundation (maybe the german squeak group
> could be a temporary holding place for it).

My feeling of the consensus about the SqueakL is that people are
generally happy with it. So, iff Apple comes back to me indicating
they're willing to negotiate, I think that 'fixing' the SqueakL is the
simplest thing that could possibly work. We've identified the three
clauses, I can send them an image that is Apple font free, and there is
alternative wording in the APSL for the other two clauses.

Of course, I think APSL relicensing would be acceptable as well, but
they already indicated that this is unlikely to happen as the APSL is
meant for their active projects.