Squeak Stewards (Was: RE: [Squeakfoundation]Re: Takingcontrolof

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 22 16:45:21 UTC 2003

German Morales <germanmorales at delta-sys.com> wrote:
> It seems that Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> I'm not sure on how to "review" this refactorings. I'd like to hear your
> suggestions for the process.
Same as any other code - the changesets are there, someone other than
the author needs to pick them up, open the file contents browser on
them, look at the changes, file them in, test all the affected
functionality, and address comments + an optional patch to the author. I
described this in more detail in the "[MCP] First step" thread. Let me
know if I can help.

> I suppose we will send our first FIX when we finish this first step (SLint
> related work).
Great.

> > you should solicit external reviewers, as well as internal ones,
> > especially from the people more familiar with Morphic
> Who would be good candidate?
Ah, this is very important knowledge for you if you want to make Morphic
better (as well as generally to anyone that wants to contribute to a
package). Just look who are usually answering questions on Morphic
topics on the list, combine that with the most common author initials in
the relevant part of the image, and you have a pretty good list...

I could give you a few names, but why limit you when I don't really know
a precise answer? just look around.

Daniel
PS Estan activos ustedes Argentinos, eh? :-)