Islands for Squeak3.4 and beyond

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Feb 23 01:13:37 UTC 2003

[ClassBuilder bug blocking Islands]

Like I mentioned in the context of the Traits work, this should not be
hard to work around. The temporary, ugly hack is to add a class variable
that will hold an IdentityDictionary from instances of ClassDescription
to the values of the desired variables. Create accessor methods in the
instance side that actually access the class variable, and when we have
CB fixed, move the variable from class-side to instance-side.

Down sides are performance hit of going through a dictionary, and
needing to later remove said hack.

Example attached adds a virtual variable testData to ClassDescription.

Daniel
PS I hope this technique doesn't happen to interact with the Islands
restrictions themselves, that would be a bummer...