Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: LicencesQuestion : Squeak-L Art 6.)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Feb 24 15:36:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 16:07, Jon Hylands wrote:
> You know, this is starting to spin out of control. This started out
> as simply taking the Apple fonts out of the image, and now we're
> talking about replacing the entire character system.

It's a controlled spin.

Having defined a doable, workable, defendable small step (replacing
Apple fonts in MacRoman encoding with Xxx fonts in Latin-1/9 encoding),
it is useful, IMO, to fan out a bit and see what else is involved, what
is on the to-do list, and what could be done at the same time.

Clearly, Unicode can *not* be done at the same time ;-)