Beta test Bitstream Vera fonts available.

Jim.Gettys at hp.com Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Wed Feb 26 16:31:25 UTC 2003

Yes, W  in Vera roman has some problems: I don't know yet if it is due
to Vera, Freetype, or Xft2.  On the list of characters/issues
to deal with, as far as I'm concerned.  As the w's are fine at some sizes,
and not others, I think there is hope.  Take a detailed look at the waterfall
display, at w at other sizes, and other angled strokes; this looks
to me most likely a hinting problem, or an out and out bug Vera is tickling....
                                   - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory