[Q] Squeak and...

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Thu Jan 2 11:59:21 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot wrote:

> Ken Collins <kenncoll123 at hotmail.com> said:
> >I am curious about which other Smalltalks Squeakers use. I imagine Squeak is
> >a/the favorite of Squeakers, but I'm wondering what other favorites there
> >are and why. I jump between Squeak, VW, and STX - always comming back to
> >Squeak - mainly to look into widget/GUI stuff.
> >
> My day job is in VisualWorks, which I submit is the best software engineering
> environment available on the planet. I do Squeak for fun, out of interest, and
> to learn a bit.

Yay. VW rocks - I've loved it since day 1. I've used VAST in a large project,
too, and it wasn't exactly bad (especiall its GUI builder), but its streaming
classes (and some other stuff) are horrible - probably the worst example of
incompetent Smalltalk class library design I've ever seen :-(

BTW, Happy New Year everybody - may all your wishes for this year come true!

Cheers,
Hans-Martin