Programming in a Cloud of Images ( Was: RE: Subjective Squeak )

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Jan 3 11:52:13 UTC 2003

Various models might work. For a project that must include special UI
code (and since we don't want to contaminate the explorer image), it
might come up with it's own GUI, with the explorer image still be able
to connect to it, debug it, so forth.

I'm still thinking what a good connection mechanism would be. Maybe
something relatively high level like Jabber. As long as you don't try to
push too many bits too often, performance wouldn't matter much, and it
might provide a nice model for connecting to images sometimes living,
sometimes not.

Daniel