[Q] Squeak and...

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Fri Jan 3 16:18:50 UTC 2003

Despite my distaste for Microsoft I can't say I'd like to see anyone
physically harmed.  There are, however, some punishments I wouldn't mind
having visited upon certain individuals at MS...

	1.  Steve Ballmer - make him do his "monkey boy" routine at a joint
		conference for behavioral psychologists, primatologists, and
modern
		dance choreographers, and then force him to listen, gagged
and
		bound, to their analyses, critiques, etc.

	2.  Bill Gates - should be forced to learn to code in something
besides
		Basic.  For a truly cruel twist, make the "something" COBOL.

	3.  Charles Simonyi - should be required to write 10,000,000 times
"I will
		use type-revealing names" on a blackboard the size of a
barn.  (For 			those who don't know, Mr. Simonyi is the
inventor of "Hungarian
		notation", the system of prefixing variable names with type
		information, which I have found objectionable from the day I
first
		encountered it).

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company