[Q] How suitable is Squeak for Database work

Robert Withers rwithers12 at attbi.com
Sat Jan 4 01:34:00 UTC 2003

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 07:59 PM, Gavin Scott wrote:

>> so which one is better?  nested joins? accessible execution plans?
>> hinting?  :)
>
> I find PostgreSQL to be a more "serious" database system than MySQL.
> Haven't used either with Squeak though, so I don't know if there's a
> quality
> difference from the driver/interface point of view.

yep, I believe I agree with you.  a brief look showed PostgreSQL's
SPI_saveplan and SPI_execp
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/programmer/spi-
spisaveplan.htm
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/programmer/spi-
spiexecp.htm

I couldn't find the equivalent for MySQL, after a cursory look through
google.

rob