Apple webcore license

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Wed Jan 8 10:35:48 UTC 2003

> THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY APPLE COMPUTER, INC. ``AS IS'' AND ANY
> EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
> IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLE COMPUTER, INC. OR
> CONTRIBUTORS
Apple also includes the contributors to the software in this license,
this is good.
But how about the distributors? Are they contributors also?

I wonder, if Squeak could be distributed  with this license in debian
or could they still be sued in theory?

See
http://www.google.de/
search?q=cache:oBWtgqD02cUC:lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/
squeak-dev/2001-October/
004793.html+indemnification+clause+squeak&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

Best,

Markus